Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I LOVE 2010 (part #### - who cares?) AIESEC

I had heard about AIESEC about 3-4 months back when they first conducted a recruitment drive for first years.. But i couldn't attend it due to my Appendicitis Operation :(... I guess God wants me to be part of this sort-after organization! It seems AIESEC IITKGP is on an expansion mode and wants more members! Hence, there was a Internship cum Recruitment Seminar on Feb 3. The way they presented themselves immediately moved me.. It was obvious that they were proud to represent one of the best T-schools in the world and be a part of its growth here..! What i found most striking was that even though they were all students who conducted it, they were professional too!!

In the seminar, there were foreigners who had come to Kharagpur to do their internship. There were Philippe and Sandra(from Mexico) doing their project on the "Go Green" project (ya, they're basically saving the planet with their work!) and then there were Vanessa(from Brazil) and Lucia working in Barnmale(a NGO based in Kharagpur and working towards awareness of HIV/AIDS). It was inspiring to hear them talk about how different their culture is from ours and how they are enjoying!

Then there were videos of guys n gals who had already attended internships offered by AIESEC. Later on, Shubhanshu Mishra and Sachin (Local Committee President, btw) started talking about the various benefits of joining AIESEC. In short, I was mesmerized by the plethora of experience opportunities that they were providing. The internships they offered were also varied. It wasn't limited to technical matters either! Even though I had told a lot of my relatives that I would be coming to my hometown this summer, I was literally brainwashed into trying for a development traineeship and being an AIESECer! I, of course, applied for the interview and group discussion that was to be held the next day.

The next day, at about 2030, they registered our names and I waited for my chance at the group discussion. They were calling us three-by-three. It was only because there were a lot of familiar faces at the waiting room that I didn't go mad with excitement! At the group discussion, we were asked questions I wouldn't have expected at all! I mean how am I supposed to know, why they made their logo so?! But the concept was nice... Normal people become individuals and emerge from the crowd when they are through AIESEC. (check out the logo here!!)

Overall, I had a great experience. And yes, I did get selected! YAHOOOOO!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Dude...
    Make the best of it and do remember this-
    AIESEC can only give opportunities, its up to you the take them and learn from them.
    peaCe!!

    Jared Soares
    V.P Communications
    AIESEC Baroda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well man thats one Success Story and passion is evident from your words =)

    Way to go. Or am I too late to say this ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for thinking of commenting! Looking forward to your views.