Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Back to Blogging

It's weird to get back to blogging after a more than a year. I just saw the last date on my last post and was wondering what I did on that date this year. March 8 - HOLI! Holi in a university is always awesome. If I have any international readers, Holi is a festival of colours in India celebrated mostly by Hindus to celebrate the victory of good over evil [referring to Ramayan].

So, Holi was a great experience this year. Comparing that with my first year in which I came out of my room for 5 minutes out of which, for two minutes I was unconscious after hitting my head on the wall, and my second year, in which I went back home, where we don't even celebrate Holi. This year, I woke with enthusiasm and went around my friends' rooms instigating them into throwing colours at each other and tearing each others clothes apart! I never imagined myself roaming the streets of my university, half-naked!

Another reason why I might have given blogging a break would be my commitment to a relationship. The yearning to spend every waking moment with her and the bad feeling in the chest when it isn't happening - all new experiences for me - so I am enjoying her company and cherish the relationship.

Whatever the causes, the main reason I am back to blogging is something way different. And this also looks like I am gonna drastically change the way I blog. It's been too personal till recent. It all started with an article I read in India Today about how blogging is changing the world and how everyday bloggers are making money out of ordinary posts only because it highlighted their expertise in the field. This made me think. If blogging is going to emphasise what my area of expertise is, why not concentrate on those only. Personal details of my life can go into my diary, after all. In fact, it has often been debated that the amount of personal details a person shares on the internet can expose him to more elaborate scams.

My next post will be about some of my findings regarding my department's prospects and futures that OENA offers.

1 comment:

Thanks for thinking of commenting! Looking forward to your views.